Winter Plumbing Tips To Keep Your Family Safe in Reno Nevada
Jet Plumbing in Reno Nevada understands that the winter can be harsh on your plumbing. Here are plumbing tips to keep your home safe throughout the winter season.
According to an article at bergencounty.com, “Plumbing Maintenance”
“Every winter many homeowners suffer the disaster of a plumbing problem that may be prevented or the damage minimized by taking a few inexpensive precautions like these:
1. Make sure the filters for your furnace and or oil burner have been clean and or replaced. Clogged filters can cause your furnace to operate inefficiently and thereby shut down or not provide enough heat to keep the house warm.
2. Insulate all areas that may allow cold icy wind to blow on pipes.
3. Insulate all exposed pipes especially in crawl spaces and the outside walls of the home.
4. Use pipe wrap and heat tape in areas that are especially prone to the cold. (I.e. the north side of the house).
5. Make sure all hose bibs are off and drained.
6. Install a pressure reducing valve if your home has 70 pounds per square inch of pressure or more. High water pressure can shorten the life of every plumbing part in your home and can also rupture lines and cause connections to fail. If you hear banging in the pipes after you shut off a valve, operate a washing machine and/or a dishwasher then you have a problem.
7. If your hot water heater is older than 10 years consider replacing it. They corrode at the bottom and can easily leak flooding your basement.”
To read the entire article click here:
For the best plumbing company in Reno Nevada, visit JetPlumbing.com for more information on our plumbing services.