Spring Cleaning is Here Don’t Forget Plumbing Maintenance in Reno Nevada
Yes, spring cleaning is in full bloom and with that being said it’s also the perfect time for plumbing maintenance in Reno Nevada. Here are a few plumbing maintenance suggestions that a homeowner should have done.
According to an article at gardencityplumbing.com, “Keep Your Plumbing in Tip-Top-Shape”
“April showers bring May flowers and the onset of spring, which means it’s time for “spring cleaning.” Here are some maintenance tips to protect your home against plumbing problems.
• Check faucets for drips or leaks. Make repairs to save water.
• Check toilets for hidden leaks. Add six drops of food coloring to the toilet tank. If the toilet is leaking, color will appear in the bowl within 30 minutes
• Ensure that all drains have strainers to prevent hair, soap and debris from clogging the drain lines.
• Inspect toilet tank and bowl for cracks or leaks.
• Exercise water supply valves under sinks and toilets to prevent them from sticking.
• Make sure toilets flush properly. If the handle must be held down for a thorough flush or jiggled to stop the water from running you may need to replace worn tank parts. They’re inexpensive and you’ll notice a lower water bill.
• Check the temperature setting on the water heater. It should be set no higher than 120°F to prevent scalding and reduce energy use.
• Carefully drain several gallons from the water heater tank to flush out corrosion causing sediment, which reduces heating efficiency and shortens the life of the heater.”
To read the entire article click here: