Energy Efficient Plumbing Tips in Reno Nevada
How energy efficient is your home in Reno Nevada? Need to learn how you can make your plumbing system more energy efficient?
According to an article at resnet.us, “Residential Plumbing System”
“It doesn’t take much effort to turn your bathroom into an energy efficient zone. By taking the necessary steps, you could not only lower your energy costs but also improve your health as well!
Leaky faucets can result in gallons of water wasted, so take quick action to repair any in your bathroom.
- Hot water leaking at 1 drip per second adds up to 1,661 gallons of water wasted in a year.
- 1,661 gallons of water works out to approximately $35 in squandered energy costs.
- Always turn off the lights when leaving the bathroom (or when it’s not in use).
- Save up to $70 in annual energy costs by replacing your 5 most frequently used light bulbs or fixtures with ENERGY STAR certified ones.
- The bathroom vanity is one of the highest used fixtures in the average home.
- Replace standard lighting with ENERGY STAR certified compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), which generate less heat.
- As high humidity can shorten the lifespan of CFLs, control bathroom moisture by running your ventilation fan during and 15 minutes after showers and baths.
- Find a wide assortment of ENERGY STAR certified lighting options in hardware stores, lighting showrooms, retail outlets and online stores.
- Caulk and weather-strip areas around doors and windows to prevent air leakage.
- Replace window screens with storm windows during winter as an extra barrier against cold air.
- ENERGY STAR certified windows can save you anywhere from $150-$500 annually in energy costs.
- Cut drafts, increase home comfort and help preserve interior furnishings with properly installed ENERGY STAR certified windows.”
To read the entire article click here:
For the highest quality plumbing service and HVAC service in Reno Nevada, visit JetPlumbing.com to schedule a service appointment.